How does Health Reform affect
Individuals & Families?
Blue Cross Guide Individuals & Families Health Care Reform Rev 12/2011
Consumer Resources & Links
Small Employer Timeline including hyperlinks to MORE detail
No Rescission’s Blue Cross FAQ’s
Health Net Pamphlet 22 Pages
Constitutionality Health Reform upheld as a tax, rather than a penalty
Free Instant Subsidy, Premium and Benefits Calculator
Summary of Benefits – Mandated uniform so that it’s easier to compare plans
Preventative Services – Free – no co-pays
Essential Benefits all Insurance plans must include these 10 benefits
Annual & Lifetime Limits are no longer allowed
Technical & Research Resources
ABX1-2 Pan 2013 brings CA Law into compliance with Federal Affordable Care Act
- Non-Grandfathered Members
- Members will receive new certificates and new ID cards in the mail beginning mid December.
- MembersreceivethefollowingPPACA provisions:
- Expanded Dependent Coverage
- No Annual Dollar or Lifetime Limits
- Expanded Preventive Care
- No Pre-existing Condition Waiting Period for Children under 19
- New Patient Protections
- New Limitations on Rescission
- Grandfathered Members
- Members will receive new amendments in the future, but will not receive new ID cards.
- MembersreceivethefollowingfourPPACA provisions:
Related Pages – FAQ’s
CIGNA and probably the other Companies will follow suit by keeping current plans IN FORCE, so that current clients do NOT have to change anything in 2014 CIGNA 5.9.2013 Bulletin, as the policies won’t be renewing 1399.855 till 12.31.2013. The only advantage we see at this time would be if qualify for Tax Credits or have a HIPAA or surcharged or limited policy, due to Pre Existing Conditions.
Health Net Brochure, Introduction and Explanation Rev 9.2013 healthnet.com